Monday, May 14, 2012

A Triumphant Return!

Since my west coast best friend (Now East Coast Best Friend again!!) is keeping up with her BLOG, I have to try and keep up. At least a little. Although her life is far more exciting than mine.

I kicked off my track out with N.C. State graduation, where I watched my mother in law graduate with her DOCTORATE in Adult Education. I can't even imagine the work and dedication that requires. Once graduation was over I headed to New Bern to spend some time with Mom and Granny for Mother's Day. It's been a great trip, and I'm heading back to Raleigh tomorrow.

I did get some "official' business handled here in New Bern. I had my criminal background check completed so that when I return to Raleigh I can get started on this whole name change business. There are a few extra steps since I don't have a marriage license, but, I have to say I'm really excited at the thought of being Mrs. Seha next year at school. I also have to look at the bigger picture and imagine the added stability that sharing a last name might afford my family one day in the future.

When I get back home it's time to get my knee checked out (OUCH) so that I can keep working on my goal for this next 5K - I want to shave two minutes off of my last time. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to run a 5K, so I'm really proud that I've already completed one. I hope to do 3 or 4 more before the end of the year (given the Dr. gives me the all clear!)

Perhaps over track out I will think of something incredibly poetic to say (although right now all I can think of is THANK GOODNESS this school  year is almost over!).  The only good news is this year has made me a lot tougher than I used to be.

I'll be back soon, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. yay yay yay!!! I'm so glad that you updated! I'm so excited about your 5k(S!!), and I really can't wait to visit you and your WIFE :)

    ReplyDelete