Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reasons I am ancient:

I.AM.OFFICIALLY.OLD(ish). 

1. I mentioned a "tape" in front of my kids today. Response: NONE. They don't know what that means.

2. Life before cell phones...my kids don't understand the concept.
"Well...what if your mom was at the store and you realized you needed something. How did you tell her?"
"You didn't. She was at the store. Without a phone."
..."HUH?" 

3. "Look at the chart and tell me what year Finding Nemo was released."
"OOH...2003! Hey wait, that's the year I was born!"
(Didn't that movie just come out YESTERDAY?!?)

4. Plugging a computer into  a phone jack= barbaric. They don't have any recollection of the noises computers USED to make as the connected to the internet.





5. I have to actually work to stay relevant. If I want to have a conversation about music, video games,  or TV..I have to RESEARCH it first. This means I am spending my own time to make sure I am up to date on Justin "Beaver" (no lie...that's what my kids think his name is) and Lego Star Wars.

6. DVR. They don't get that watching HOURS of mindless television wasn't always as easy as it is now.



7. Recycling. They asked me "Ms. Paul if everyone had started recycling back when you were little, do you think you could have stopped the hole in the ozone?" I am so old my generation is responsible for a HOLE IN THE ATMOSPHERE OF THE EARTH. (well, at least partially responsible....before we were old enough to know better.)


8. I could think of more, but it's almost 7 which is universal blue-haired bedtime.

1 comment: